When it’s cold out there, this is such a fantastically warming soup and totally packed with immune-boosting goodness. Really quick and easy to make with some unusual ingredients……and it’s a very pretty colour too! Yum.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced (this is definitely hot enough for my family, but you can add more/less depending on taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 50g goji berries (brings a delicious sweetness to the soup and a lovely contrast to the chilli)
- 1 ltr vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dried chilli flakes or natural yoghurt to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole pan on the hob and add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric. Cook on a medium heat until soft, then add the potato, mushrooms and goji berries. Stir really well before adding the stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whizz with a hand blender or jug blender until you have a gorgeously smooth and amazingly yummy soup.
- Sprinkle with dried chilli flakes if you like your soup a little spicier. Swirl some natural yoghurt on top if you like your soup a little cooler! Enjoy….
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com