When I first cooked this meal, my 9 year old said it was the best meal ever “by 300%”! It has now become a firm family favourite. Also great with sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
Green lentil and potato pie
- 500g par-boiled potatoes/sweet potatoes, skin on
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Big handfuls of seasonal veg (broccoli, courgettes, beans, spinach, peppers etc..) chopped, sliced and diced!
- 2 cups of cooked green lentils
- 200g feta cheese, diced
- 35g pumpkin seeds
- 35g sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml vegetable stock or single cream
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Place the potatoes in a pan on the hob and boil for around 10 minutes until just softening. They need to remain firm enough to slice when cool. Drain and leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a pan on the hob, add the veg and garlic and cook until the veg are softening.
- Combine the lentils and feta in a big baking dish. Even out to make the first ‘layer’and then cover with a layer of veg.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the veg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooled potatoes and arrange on top in a single layer.
- Pour over the stock or cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes until the cheese is golden. Very tasty!
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com