We LOVE porridge any which way! Warming, nourishing and keeps you going for hours. This is a delicious flavour-filled recipe that has us all bouncing out the door in the morning.
Apple and cardamom porridge
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups of nut milk (or cold water)
- 1 grated apple
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots
- 8 cardamom pods, shelled and ground
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and raisins to serve.
- Put the oats, water/nut milk, apple, cardamom and apricots in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn it down, simmer and stir for around 5 minutes, until the porridge is the right consistency for you (we like ours quite runny)!
- Stir in the cinnamon, the flax and hemp seeds.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds, raisins and sunflower seeds on top.
Have a wonderful energy-filled day!
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com