Adventures in our kitchen have led to this amazingly delicious flapjack! Gluten free, dairy free and with no added refined sugar, it’s a healthy treat that’s packed full of natural energy. Hooray! Brilliant on an autumn walk, in the kids packed lunch or for extra digging power in the garden.
- 100g coconut oil
- 250g rice syrup, maple syrup or honey
- 50g tahini (dark, unhulled is best)
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g flaked almonds
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g chia seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g raisins
- 50g chopped apricots or dates
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Melt the coconut oil and syrup in a pan on the hob. Stir in the tahini and combine.
- Place all the other ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the syrup mixture and gently combine. Leave for 10 minutes to allow all the flavours to merge.
- Line a small baking tray and press the mixture very firmly into it with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for around 20-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tray and then eat!! Happiness.
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com