Today’s lunchtime inspiration – frittata extraordinaire! Basically, a very thick omelette full of potatoes and veg, that’s served in big wedges like a cake! A meal fit for 3 hungry children and a busy Mummy, plus excellent for using up our delicious homegrown veg and freshly laid eggs.
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 675g potatoes (also delicious with sweet potatoes), cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 115g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 115g peas
- 4-6 eggs (depends on size), beaten
- 150ml milk
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and potatoes on a high heat for around 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for around 10 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Add the veg (you can use any combination of veg that you have to hand), stir and then level out flat in the pan.
- Combine the milk, eggs and seasoning and pour over the veg, making sure you have enough to just cover the mixture.
- Scatter with chopped parsley and cook for 10-15 minutes on a low heat.
- Heat the grill and then place the frittata under the grill to set the top. This can take another 5 minutes or so.
Notes: Best served cut into wedges with a big salad, either hot or cold is absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com