These are the most amazing balls of pure and natural energy! Perfect for school packed lunches, taking to work or when you need a bit of a boost on the allotment! Gluten free, dairy free and with no added refined sugar. Completely delicious and incredibly easy to make.
- 100g coconut oil
- 200g rice syrup (or honey)
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g ground almonds (or leftover pulp from almond milk)
- 150g mixed seeds, such as chia, pumpkin and sunflower
- 100g dried fruit such as raisins, dates or apricots, finely chopped
- 100g flaked almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the coconut oil and rice syrup in a pan until combined.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir in the syrupy mixture. Leave it to sit and soak up all the yummy goodness for around 10 minutes. Roll the mixture with your hands to make firm balls that don’t fall apart. It’s quite sticky – you may find it easier with slightly wet heands.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan and line a couple of baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool and firm up before transferring to a cooling rack. And then EAT!
Notes: You can substitute any of the seeds/dried fruit to suit your taste or whatever you have in your kitchen.
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com