These are the most amazing balls of pure and natural energy! Perfect for school packed lunches, taking to work or when you need a bit of a boost on the allotment! Gluten free, dairy free and with no added refined sugar. Completely delicious and incredibly easy to make.
- 150g coconut oil
- 200g rice syrup
- 100g tahini
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g each of chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dates, raisins and ground almonds (I use the leftover pulp from making almond milk – see here for more info)
- 100g flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Heat the coconut oil and rice syrup in a pan until combined. Stir in the tahini.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a big bowl and then stir in the syrupy mixture. Leave it to sit and soak up all the yummy goodness for around 10 minutes. Roll the mixture with your hands to make firm balls that don’t fall apart. It’s quite sticky – I find it much easier if my hands are wet.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c fan and line a couple of baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool and firm up before transferring to a cooling rack. And then EAT!
Notes: You can substitute any of the seeds/dried fruit to suit your taste or whatever you have at home.
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com