This is such a great way to start the day and will give you loads of energy for hours. Packed full of nuts and seeds, with the natural sweetness of dates and the massive nutritional benefits of goji berries. We have it with homemade almond milk for breakfast, sprinkled on yoghurt for dessert or a sneaky handful grabbed as a snack! I guess you could have it for lunch too if you wanted, so it pretty much covers all bases…..a brilliantly versatile recipe.
Walnut and Goji Granola
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 cup dates, destoned and chopped
- 1 cup goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Combine the oats, seeds, nuts and cinnamon in a big bowl. Heat the coconut oil and syrup in a pan on the hob, then stir this into the dry mixture. Make sure everything is covered in stickiness and well combined.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and divide the mixture between them. Spread it out and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. It’s really important to stir the mixture after 15 minutes to avoid any burning issues!
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy for your breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, midnight feast or any other time in between!
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com