This breakfast certainly put an extra spring in our step this morning! A little bowl of creamy yumminess with a big nutrient boost – oats will keep you feeling fuller for longer, blueberries are packed with antioxidants, banana has loads of potassium, cashews and nut milk for protein and cacao nibs for extra crunch and ‘zing’! Yay…
Cashew & Banana Oatmeal
- 115g rolled porridge oats
- 500ml nut milk, almond is good (make your own nut milk)
- 50g cashew nuts, roughly crushed
- 1 large banana (around 100g), sliced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 tbsp blueberries, topping
- 2 tsp cacao nibs, topping
- Drizzle of raw honey (optional)
- Combine the oats, milk, banana, nuts and syrup in a pan on the hob.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then turn down the heat and simmer until it’s the right consistency for you. We like our oatmeal quite runny, but feel free to add some more milk or water if you like yours even runnier.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the fresh blueberries and cacao nibs.
- Drizzle with raw honey for extra sweetness.
- Spring out the door…
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com