This is the most amazing raw cashew, chia and banana ‘cheesecake’ using my raw alternative to the standard pastry case. Dairy free, gluten free and with no added refined sugars, it’s unbelievably easy to make and absolutely delicious! A firm favourite in our family…
Raw cashew and chia 'cheesecake'
- 185g almonds
- 185g dates, destoned
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- 220g cashews
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Fresh fruit to serve
- Blitz the almonds and dates in a food processor until they resemble sticky breadcrumbs.
- Add the cinnamon and water and blitz again until it starts to come together – like a loose ball of pastry, ready to be rolled! (You may need to add a little more water).
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of a 25cm flan tin.
- Put the cashews, bananas, honey and vanilla in the blender and whizz until smooth. Add the chia seeds to the blender at the last minute. Pour over the base and smooth out the top.
- Place in a fridge to set for a few hours or in the freezer if you’re short on time.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
We LOVE this dessert and hope that you do too.
Recipe by Homegrown Kate www.homegrownkate.com